If you are looking to develop your skills in AutoCAD, this is the place! Below, you can find some of the best plus free online AutoCAD courses for complete beginners and more experienced ones!
With gaining experience of AutoCAD, users will learn one of the most demanding and popular Computer-Aided Design software platforms on the market.
So, whether you are interested in building a career in the industry or doing a DIY project, any of the below online AutoCAD courses is going to be a great addition to your skillset. Let’s get started!
Best Plus Free Online AutoCAD Courses, Training & Classes
1. AutoCAD: The Full Complete Guide You Need (Skillshare)
First on my list is an excellent AutoCAD class, aimed at learning the foundations of this software for beginners.
The topics covered in the course are 2D design, adding text, an introduction to 3D design, surfaces, mesh objects, annotations layout groups, layers, 3D materials, and rendering.
The total time duration for video classes is one hour and 18 minutes, which is divided into six different bite-size sections. Users can watch classes at their own pace or on the Skillshare smartphone app.
As for the price, AutoCAD enthusiasts can start this course and activate 1,000 of others for free by activating their free trial on Skillshare! All round, a solid free course to learn the basic principles of AutoCAD.
- Beginner level course
- Course includes a house design project
- Completed projects on display to over 750,000 users
- Discusses both 2D and 3D formats
- Short course, view classes at your own pace
- Qualified trainer
2. Learning AutoCAD For Beginners (Lynda/ LinkedIn Learning)
Next on our list is another standout course that is aimed at AutoCAD beginners. The course is also hosted on Lynda (now LinkedIn Learning) which also has several complementary CAD courses.
This course, taught by Autodesk Certified Trainer Shaun Bryant, is a beginner level and you will soon start using AutoCAD. After completion, users should have a good grasp of the software and be able to start drafting easily.
The course length is 1 hour 44 minutes, with users starting with simple drawings of geometry in the module, and moving on to annotations, title blocks, layouts, and plotting. Exercise files are also included.
Being hosted on Lynda, students get a completion certificate once done with the course and you can add the same to your resume or print it out for potential employers.
Lynda / LinkedIn Learning also offers a 1-month free trial with no strings attached! It’s a win-win.
- Beginner level course
- Self-paced. Duration – 1 hour 44 minutes
- Exercise files included in the course
- Taught by an AutoDesk Certified Trainer
- Students can join an AutoCAD study group
- Course concentrates on 2D only
3. The Complete AutoCAD 2018-20 Course (Udemy)
‘Comprehensive’ is the word to describe this course broadly. With a total length of 17 ½ hours of on-demand video, this course will give you a flexibility of self-paced learning. For beginners and for more advanced users, the only prerequisite is to be comfortable and familiar with computers.
The course is created by Jaiprakash Pandey, an Autodesk Certified Instructor.
There are 184 lessons or lectures in total, and each one ends with questions or practice ideas so that you can learn as much as possible. There is an AutoCAD questions eBook and a list of 150 AutoCAD commands included in the course.
As it covers many aspects of AutoCAD software, the course is ideal for those who want to pursue a career in civil engineering, industrial design, architecture, drafting, and building design!
Once completed, students will receive a free certificate that can be printed or downloaded for the resume!
- Beginner to an intermediate level course
- Trainer feedback on Q&A forum
- 17 ½ hours of on-demand self-paced videos content
- eBook and command list also included
- Includes practice drawings for students
- Certificate of completion at the end
4. AutoCAD 2019 Course – Project 2D and 3D (Udemy)
For complete beginners and more experienced users, this Udemy course will take you through 2D as well as 3D CAD drawings.
The teacher Awais Jamil is an experienced computer software developer and trainer. The course time is 13 hours, self-paced, divided into 94 sections. 1500 students are currently enrolled in this course.
During the course, you will work on your 2D house project and a 3D house project. There are also several helpful instructions and information about 3D renderings included in it. In other modules, information about – modifying and drawing panels, plotting and publishing, and 3D specific challenges of drawing are included.
Completion certificates and additional projects for work are offered at the end. One of the best online AutoCAD courses easily!
- Beginner and intermediate level course
- 13 hours of instructions included
- Tons of downloadable resources are provided
- Two different projects to practice and enhance your learning
- Certificate of completion included
- Extra projects available for students
5. AutoCAD: Tips & Tricks (Lynda/ LinkedIn Learning)
An ongoing series, this Lynda course is taught by Autodesk Certified Trainer Shaun Bryant. Every week, Shaun adds a new tip or trick that will help you use AutoCAD in a more efficient way.
So far, it has over 14 hours of tips and instructions provided by Shaun. Some of its topics discuss – specific commands in AutoCAD, how to work with different scales, batch plotting, layers, 3D graphics, saving toolbars, adjustment centerlines, polar array, express tools, and more.
Suitable for any level! Beginners can gain a deep insight, while advanced users can hone their skills and keep up with new releases and updates of features from Autodesk.
- Suitable for skill levels
- Over 14 hours of duration
- Updates weekly with the latest instructions
- Packed with major and minor tips
- Culled together by a certified and experienced instructor
- Ongoing series
6. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to AutoCAD Basics (AutoDesk)
Comes directly from Autodesk, it is part of the AutoCAD user’s guide.
Complete self-paced in nature. Topics include reviewing basic controls, building basic geometry, using layers, modifying with precision, and others.
Registered users are encouraged to join the discussion group of Autodesk for further collaboration.
- Suitable for all user levels
- From AutoDesk, creator of AutoCAD
- Basic to advanced guidance included
- Links to deeper instruction are provided to students
- Discussion groups of Autodesk
- Entertaining interaction style guide
7. 60 AutoCAD Tips in 60 Minutes (AutoDesk)
Autodesk, the creators of AutoCAD, have a lot of useful information for using AutoCAD on their website. Autodesk University is an example of this, with many topics available to the users of the program.
This course is just over an hour-long with 23 different downloadable handouts to support you during and after the course.
It is presented by the authors and testers for the online magazine Cadalyst, Lynn Allen, who also provides consultancy for AutoDesk. The magazine is generally another great source for useful information, tips, tricks, and reviews of design software in general.
A primary goal of this course of tips is how to make AutoCAD work faster and with fewer steps that maximize efficiency. So, maybe after studying some basics about this program, you can come here to find out how to ease up your workflow.
The trainer acts on the idea that you are already familiar with AutoCAD so that you can take benefit from these tips. So, this way it is more suitable for intermediate to advanced users more so than for beginners.
- Straight from AutoDesk
- Very qualified and experienced trainer
- Suitable for intermediate to advanced users
- Only one hour of on-demand video
- Lots of extra resources to use and keep for your help
- Focuses on maximizing efficiency
8. AutoCAD 2020 Essential Training (Lynda/ LinkedIn Learning)
This Lynda course is about 3½ hours of on-demand, self-paced video instruction. It is taught by Shaun Bryant an AutoDesk Certified Trainer.
Once you are comfortable with the basic use of AutoCAD, doing this kind, of course, will help you reach the next level. Therefore, we will call this a course for intermediate users.
Some of the more technical aspects of this program are discussed like – importing external references, using dimension-building techniques, modifying objects, and managing units.
It includes exercise files and many other helpful resources for students to use during and after the course. More than 50,000 people have benefited from this supplementary instruction.
- Intermediate skill level course
- Excellent supplemental information included
- Offers lots of extras to keep for later
- Highly qualified trainer
- Duration – 3 ½ hours on-demand self-paced video instruction
- Discussion groups available for students
9. AutoCAD Online Training (CAD Training Online)
An interesting option is offered by CTO, live trainers. If you want to take the AutoDesk Certification exam for AutoCAD, this is a good study option.
CAD Training Online (CTO) has highly qualified trainers. Certified by AutoDesk and with years of industry experience, they will help you to overcome the hurdle of becoming certified in AutoCAD.
The live approach is refreshing to watch, although many people still opt for on-demand self-paced studies. Live instruction allows you to interact in real-time when you are learning with other students and trainers.
24 hours of instruction. The live class has full-day or half-day schedules.
Several additional continuing resources are also provided along with the completion certificate.
Covering topics are discussed such as ellipses and arcs, change dimensional properties, polar tracking at angles, and many other advanced skills. The course is helpful for advanced workers as well as aspiring trainers, this is easily one of the top online AutoCAD courses and training!
- Advanced skill level course
- Live or on-demand instruction, both are available
- Covers advanced AutoCAD tools
- Excellent prep course for AutoDesk Certified trainer exam
- Extremely well-qualified trainers
- Certificate of completion included
10. AutoCAD Online Course (UHD.edu)
The University of Houston, Downtown offers this 3-part course bundle. AutoCAD 2D Drafting and Annotation, AutoCAD 3D and AutoCAD Advanced. Houston University is a major college for business, engineering, and medicine, among other studies.
You will need executive knowledge of drafting and designing principles to get the most out of this instruction. This is suitable for intermediate to advanced students and users.
The first course, that is ‘AutoCAD 2D Drafting, and Annotation’ cover topics such as sketching, letters, geometric dimensions, and using viewports in model space and paper space.
In AutoCAD Advanced, students will learn about linking and extracting data, underlays, line types, and customizing the program for their specific needs.
AutoCAD 3D will cover all the information about 3D rendering. Topics include creating models, mesh and surface modeling, and adding camera animations.
You can select either a guided course or self-study. Students will have one full year to complete either at your own pace. In the guided version a certificate of completion will be provided at the end.
- An intermediate-level course
- Both options available – Self-paced or guided
- Up to 1 year to complete the course
- Requires good prior knowledge of design and drafting
- Completion certificate included
Hope you liked this blog post on the Best plus Free Online AutoCAD Courses, Training & Classes. Do share your feedback with us in the comments section below.